Search and rescue crews to help hunter in Flat Tops
September 7, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Garfield County Search and Rescue teams are taking the lead in helping a 30-year-old Denver man who had sudden difficulty breathing while hunting southwest of Stillwater Reservoir on Tuesday night.
Routt County Search and Rescue President Russ Sanford said the man was with three companions, and there was some confusion about where the men were located. Initial reports indicated he could be eight miles north of the reservoir, in Routt County.
Routt County and Garfield County crews worked to determine the man's exact location and discovered he was in Garfield County.
Sanford said Garfield County search and rescue teams would try to reach the man either late Tuesday night or early this morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday
- Utah ski resorts giddy over 2 seasons of record visitation and Olympic bid, but worried by DUI law
- Jail Report for Nov. 12 to Nov. 18, 2017