Saunders: Steamboat’s Verne Lundquist celebrating 50 years as a sportscaster
September 9, 2013
Verne Lundquist is 73 and celebrating 50.
The affable Steamboat Springs resident feels the second figure is far more important than the first.
Lundquist’s 50 years as a sportscaster will be noted Saturday when he does the play-by-play of the Alabama-Texas A&M showdown at A&M’s Kyle Field. It’s college football’s game of the year (September version).
This 50-year milestone is not a stop sign for Lundquist.
“I’m not looking at retirement,” Lundquist said from his home in a telephone interview.
“I have time left on my CBS Sports contract. I’ll keep working as long as my health holds up and my mind keeps functioning.”
Read more at The Denver Post.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Jail Report for June 17 to June 23, 2017
- Real estate transactions for June 16 to 22, 2017
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition