Routt Sheriff’s Office to hold meeting about sex offender
June 24, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Routt County Sheriff's Office is hosting a public meeting from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Steamboat Springs Community Center to inform residents that a sexually violent predator is re-entering the community.
Colorado law requires that the law enforcement agency of the local jurisdiction notify the community regarding a sexually violent predator. The identity of the sexually violent predator won't be released until the meeting.
Undersheriff Ray Birch said the Colorado Bureau of Investigation recommends that agencies not release the name of a sexually violent predator, considered the most dangerous of sex offenders, beforehand to avoid reprisals against the person.
The Sheriff's Office advises parents who attend the meeting to leave their children at home.
For a complete list of registered sex offenders in the county visit http://www.sor.state.co.us/?sor=offender.list and search Routt.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines