Rams-Tigers girls set for clash on basketball court
January 28, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Hayden-Soroco high school girls basketball rivalry as it has existed on the hardwood hasn't been much of a rivalry in recent years, the Tigers plowing through the Rams with some of the best teams the school has fielded in decades.
The Rams hope to change that momentum tonight, however, and they'll have to do it against another strong Hayden team. The Rams and Tigers meet at 6 p.m. today at Soroco High School.
"The gym should be packed," Soroco coach David Bruner said. "Hayden's got a good team, and we're going to see where we're at."
For both teams, the contest is the start of a tough weekend of games.
Soroco plays defending state champion Paonia on Saturday. After facing off against Soroco, the Tigers, No. 7 in the latest The Denver Post poll, will travel Saturday to play No. 8 Rangely.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man dies after hitting elk, rolling Jeep on U.S. Highway 40
- Coroner identifies Hayden man killed in early-morning crash
- Wondering why we are seeing smoke in the Yampa Valley?
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition