Quiznos Pro Challenge announces name change, TV coverage
April 5, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Quiznos Pro Challenge has changed its name to the USA Pro Cycling Challenge, according to a news release, and has entered into a TV agreement with NBC Sports Group.
The group will broadcast 25 hours of coverage of the seven-day stage race, including coverage of the final day on NBC Sports and 3.5 hours a day on the VERSUS network, according to the release.
The inaugural cycling race kicks off Aug. 22, and Steamboat Springs was selected to take part in two of the seven stages. Riders will arrive in the Yampa River Valley on Aug. 26, riding from Avon for the fifth stage of the event. They'll depart the next morning to end up in Breckenridge.
NBC Sports will broadcast the final day on Aug. 28.
Also in the release, organizers announced the name change to USA Pro Cycling Challenge “in order to showcase the global scale of the event to a worldwide audience. Quiznos will continue as a founding sponsor with the same level of participation in the event.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres