Pro Challenge spectators make it a party on Rabbit Ears Pass
August 21, 2013
Steamboat Springs — A steady stream of cyclists chose to avoid the crowds and took the USA Pro Challenge party to Rabbit Ears Pass on Wednesday.
With a race finish in downtown Steamboat Springs, Rabbit Ears was not as packed with spectators as it was when the USA Pro Challenge bike race first came through Steamboat in 2011, when an estimated 15,000 lined U.S. Highway 40 to watch the climb. That year, riders started Stage 5 by leaving Steamboat and ascending Rabbit Ears Pass.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres