Presidents Day weekend sees highest Steamboat lodging numbers in 4 years
February 22, 2013
Steamboat Springs — Presidents Day weekend was the busiest weekend for visitors in four years, according to the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association's weekly lodging barometer.
On Feb. 16, 98 percent of Steamboat lodging properties were full, according to the lodging barometer's sample of local properties. The number of full pillows in local lodging properties was measured at 14,500.
Presidents Day weekend beat out the weekend between Christmas and New Year's Day for the most visitors to stay in Steamboat Springs this ski season. On Saturday, Dec. 29, 94 percent of lodging properties were filled with 14,000 people, according to the report.
Prior to both weekends, Steamboat Ski Area measured new snowfall by the foot.
This weekend, lodging properties are forecast to be 73 percent full, filling about 10,800 pillows.
To reach Nicole Inglis, call 970-871-4204 or email ninglis@ExploreSteamboat.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- Steamboat Free Summer Concert Series Guide: The band rundown of 2017 headliners
- Closure area addresses illegal trails on Buffalo Mountain
- Woman drinks cleaning solution: The Record for Tuesday, June 20, 2017