Pirate Theatre auditions Wednesday for November performance
October 25, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Pirate Theatre returns to Steamboat Springs in two weeks with a fresh satirical performance, and the local production company is looking for some new talent.
Producer Brian Harvey said there are a few speaking parts as well as dancing and chorus member parts available for "CSI Steamboat: Who Killed the Economy?"
Auditions will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Depot Art Center.
The show premieres at 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at The Steamboat Grand, and performances continue through Nov. 12. Tickets are $20 and are available at All That Jazz.
Those interested in performing in the show should have evenings available in the coming weeks for rehearsal, Harvey said.
The production is looking for people who can sing, dance or act.
If you can sing, prepare a song. Otherwise, be ready to read from the script, which Harvey likens to Monty Python-like humor poking fun at all things Steamboat.
The last Pirate Theatre production was April 2010's "Elementary School Musical."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres