One Book Steamboat kicks off with book scavenger hunt
October 1, 2012
One Book Steamboat kicks off Monday with a scavenger hunt for 10 free copies of Tim O'Brien's "The Things They Carried," which are hidden across Steamboat Springs. Here are the clues:
- Search the place Post 44 patriots find one another.
- In 1899, members gathered to share medical benefits and pensions following the Spanish-American War. In 2012, they gather to share a beer.
- Countless histories of the Vietnam War have been written. Peruse them.
- Once a power house, now a power lunch.
- Pass the high flying flag to the place where history is recorded.
- The water temp is perfect for tea, but the minerals might make it taste like the sea.
- Mekong floats, mountain treks, culinary tours and history rides. Start planning your trip here.
- Devour Hanoi's favorite street food here.
- Seek the beauty advice of Vietnamese women.
- Clippings, photos, stories and mementos vast; this is Steamboat's place to archive the past.
Find more information about One Book Steamboat at http://www.steamboatlibrary.org/events/one-book-steamboat.