Off the Beaten Path calls for “Vagina Monologues” readers, volunteers
January 27, 2011
Steamboat Springs — In celebration of the strength of women and to raise awareness for battered and abused women, Off the Beaten Path Bookstore's downtown location plans to host a production of the "Vagina Monologues" on Valentine's Day weekend. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go to Advocates Building Peaceful Communities, which provides shelter and assistance for victims of domestic violence.
Kim Keith, the bookstore's events and marketing coordinator, said the store is hosting an open audition and meeting for the production at 8:30 p.m. today for anyone interested in reading or volunteering for the event. Keith said there would be a brief audition tonight in which interested readers will read selections from the monologues.
Men can't be readers but are encouraged to participate in organizing and fundraising for the event. For more information, call Keith at 970-846-3680.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine