North Routt Fire Protection District hosting benefit for firefighter Saturday
September 14, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The North Routt Fire Protection District is hosting a barbecue dinner and dance Saturday at Steamboat Lake Outfitters to benefit Jeremiah Beach and his family.
Beach, a North Routt volunteer firefighter, has been receiving chemotherapy at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver after being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia about a month ago. Beach, his wife, Julie, and their three sons moved to North Routt about five years ago.
The benefit dinner runs from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. and will feature a performance by local band Ragweed. Tickets are $20 a person or $50 for families. They are on sale at Steamboat Lake Outfitters and the Clark Store.
Chief Bob Reilley said the department also would sell North Routt Fire T-shirts and hats and accept donations to benefit Beach and his family.
For more information, call Reilley at 970-879-6064.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine