Mountain Bodies: Brad Piske
August 25, 2013
Brad Piske didn't have much of a choice.
While growing up in a large family on the Gulf Coast in Texas, being on the water was a must.
"I started swimming when I was 5," Piske said. "We did all the water sports, and I started competing when I was 5."
Piske didn't competitively swim in college, but his love for the sport never wavered.
He has lived in Steamboat for 18 years and has two athletic daughters in Haley, 20, and Cara, 18.
He considers himself an outdoor enthusiast, focusing on swimming, mountain and road biking, and running.
In the winter, he's an avid Nordic skier, and most mornings, he can be found skinning up Mount Werner.
"I just like to do what the season has to offer," he said. "I like to stay fit and have fun."
For now, Piske's athletic endeavors involve the summer when he's in the pool three or four times per week.
And at 49, there is a big birthday ahead. Piske plans to celebrate the way only an athlete would think.
"I might do a half Ironman," he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location