Monday Medical: Exercise can pose risks
February 2, 2014
If you go
What: Taking Care of Me program “The Heart of an Athlete: From the Motivated Beginner to the Elite Athlete”
When: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 11
Where: Yampa Valley Medical Hospital’s conference rooms
Contact: RSVP to 970-870-1119 or http://www.yvmc.org/calendar.
Cardiologist Dr. William Baker will discuss the risks associated with exercise.
Exercise is a key to good health for most people. Yet when an individual suffers a heart attack or cardiac arrest during a basketball game, soccer match, football practice or a cross-country ski outing, the tragic news travels fast.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres