March staying true to 2012 form with temperatures in the 70s Saturday
March 30, 2012
Steamboat Springs — A warm, dry March will stay true to that theme until the very end, with Saturday's high temperature expected to approach 70 degrees.
The final two days of the month will see temperatures in the 60s and mostly sunny skies. Today's high of 67 degrees will increase to 72 degrees Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. Overnight lows will be in the mid- to upper 20s.
The shift Sunday to April also will bring a slight shift in the weather, with temperatures expected to drop into the low 50s. The National Weather Service is calling for a chance of rain and snow Sunday. However, the extended forecast predicts temperatures will rise back into the 60s by the middle of next week.
There still are a little more than two weeks remaining in the 2011-12 ski season, but the balmy conditions that have prevailed throughout the past several weeks have many residents already thinking about summer. Calls to most Steamboat Springs bicycle shops this week reveal a two-week wait on service appointments.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat sees 17 $1M homes sell in September