Lincoln Avenue to be closed during Merry Mainstreet in Steamboat
December 9, 2011
Lincoln Avenue will be closed from Fifth to 11th streets at about 4:15 p.m. Saturday for the fourth annual Merry Mainstreet celebration, which starts at 5 p.m. The event starts with a parade at 5:30 and is followed by caroling and a Santa-themed pub crawl.
Mainstreet Steamboat still is accepting entries for the parade. Entries may include vehicles, walkers, carolers, pets or bands, but all must be lit in some way. Parade line up is at 5 p.m. on Sixth Street. Entrants must check in at the registration table next to All That Jazz at the corner of Sixth Street and Lincoln Avenue. There is no entry fee to participate. To register for the parade, call Tracy at 970-846-1800.
During the celebration, detours are on Yampa and Oak streets. Lincoln will reopen after the celebration ends at 8 p.m. Find more information about the event here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- Steamboat Free Summer Concert Series Guide: The band rundown of 2017 headliners
- Closure area addresses illegal trails on Buffalo Mountain
- How to tube like a pro in Steamboat Springs