Leftover Salmon, Robert Randolph highlight Steamboat’s free winter concert series
November 12, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Leftover Salmon, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band highlight the Steamboat Ski Area's 2012-13 Bud Light Rocks the Boat Free Concert Series lineup announced Monday.
The annual concert series that takes place on the Steamboat Stage in Gondola Square kicks off opening weekend with a Nov. 24 performance by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. The series continues Jan. 12 with Robert Randolph & the Family Band, followed Jan. 21 by Blackberry Smoke. The Blackberry Smoke concert will take place immediately after the annual Cowboy Downhill.
The lone February performance is a Feb. 9 Mardis Gras-inspired concert by Anders Osborne. March features three Bud Light Rocks the Boat concerts: a to-be-announced band on March 16, The Dunwells on March 23 and MarchFourth Marching Band on March 30.
The free concert series closes the ski area's 50th anniversary season with a live performance by Leftover Salmon on April 14.
"This is amazing lineup of talented artists as we head into our 50th season and the 14th year of free music in Steamboat," Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp's Rob Perlman said in a news release. Perlman is senior vice president of sales and marketing for the resort.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- Rams can’t corral Mustangs’ rally, fall 38-28 in state semifinal game
- Mixed bag of weather during run-up to Steamboat Resort opening Nov. 22
- Real estate transactions for November 9 to 16, 2017
- City of Steamboat invested thousands to promote downtown businesses impacted by construction. West Steamboat businesses wonder why they didn’t get the same support