Learning to Ride: Set yourself up for success
July 24, 2014
If you go
What: Private bike lesson
Where: Steamboat Bike Park
Cost: $39 per person per hour, bike rental extra
Today’s tip: speed
You can be just as out of control by riding too slow as riding too fast. Find a speed that’s slow enough to be comfortable but fast enough to maintain your balance on your bike.
Follow Steamboat Resort on Facebook, @SkiSteamboat on Twitter and @SteamboatResort on Instagram.
As with any sport, having the right equipment and learning from a professional can make all the difference.
My first mountain biking experience was riding with a now ex-boyfriend down a partially snow-covered Spring Creek Trail with my legs splayed out in an attempt to stay upright.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Sweetwater Grill is sold; new concept to open in May
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location