Learning to Ride: Progressing in the park
August 7, 2014
If you go
What: Progression Session
Where: Steamboat Bike Park
Cost: $49 without bike rental, $89 with bike rental
Today’s tip: trust your bike
From rocks to logs to bridges, your bike is designed to handle any obstacle on the trail.
Follow Steamboat Resort on Facebook, @SkiSteamboat on Twitter and @SteamboatResort on Instagram.
Last week, I realized that my summer of learning to downhill in the Steamboat Bike Park was nearing its end, and I hadn't even gotten off the green trails. (Using the words "summer" and "end" in the same sentence causes me more anxiety than any downhill adventure.) I was lamenting my lack of progress to a friend, who told me to get on a blue right away.
She said the blue Rustler Ridge trail isn't that difficult and is way more fun than the green Tenderfoot trail I had been riding.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas