Learning the rules of the road in Steamboat
Learning bicycling laws can help curb problems in town
June 11, 2011
Basic bicycling law
■ Ride single file when riding two abreast impedes traffic. Don’t ride more than two wide.
■ Obey all traffic laws such as stoplights and stop signs.
■ If impeding traffic, stay in the far right lane, or on the shoulder if it is paved.
■ Signal turns. Start 100 feet before the turn and turn left by sticking the left arm out, or right by sticking the left arm out and bending the arm upward at the elbow, or by simply sticking the right arm out.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres