Julia Haslanger: An introduction to a new print feature — the QR code
December 3, 2010
Tips for reading QR codes
■ Find the right distance. Depending on the application you choose, you may need to hold the phone’s camera close enough to the code that it doesn’t get distracted by the other content in the newspaper. For others, it’s important to hold your phone far enough away that it can get the code clearly in focus.
■ Don’t be afraid to download a few different free apps, test them out, and find the one you’re most comfortable with, and then remove the others from your phone.
■ Try to keep the code in good lighting while you scan it. The camera is looking for the contrast between the black and white parts of the code, and if you have shadows interrupting the code, you phone can get confused.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines