Joe DeAngelo undecided about undersheriff job
November 30, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Joe DeAngelo, the former investigator for the 14th Judicial District, remains undecided about whether he will accept Sheriff-elect Garrett Wiggins' offer to be his undersheriff. DeAngelo said Monday that he will make a decision by Dec. 10.
Wiggins asked the Routt County Board of Commissioners last week to approve a higher starting salary for DeAngelo should he accept the job. The commissioners approved Wiggins' request to pay DeAngelo $79,539 a year.
DeAngelo is now an investigator for the Colorado Attorney General's Office, a position he has called a "dream job."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man dies after hitting elk, rolling Jeep on U.S. Highway 40
- Coroner identifies Hayden man killed in early-morning crash
- Wondering why we are seeing smoke in the Yampa Valley?
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition