Joe DeAngelo undecided about undersheriff job
November 30, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Joe DeAngelo, the former investigator for the 14th Judicial District, remains undecided about whether he will accept Sheriff-elect Garrett Wiggins' offer to be his undersheriff. DeAngelo said Monday that he will make a decision by Dec. 10.
Wiggins asked the Routt County Board of Commissioners last week to approve a higher starting salary for DeAngelo should he accept the job. The commissioners approved Wiggins' request to pay DeAngelo $79,539 a year.
DeAngelo is now an investigator for the Colorado Attorney General's Office, a position he has called a "dream job."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday