Injured snowmobiler flown to Frisco hospital
November 26, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Routt County Search and Rescue volunteers called a Flight for Life team to help a 56-year-old man who had a suspected broken leg south of Fish Creek Reservoir on Friday afternoon.
The Search and Rescue page went out at about 3:30 p.m. Friday. Incident Commander Kristia Check-Hill said the man apparently hit a deep depression in a field while snowmobiling with a large group. When searchers verified the accuracy of the directions to the site, Check-Hill called for the Flight for Life crew from the Frisco area. She said the searchers were with the man by 4:50 p.m., and the helicopter landed 10 minutes later. Check-Hill wasn't sure where the man is from, but she said he wanted to go to the Frisco hospital because he lives in that area.
The mission was complete by 6:15 p.m. Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas