Hayden Town Council to discuss water agreement Thursday night
June 1, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Hayden Town Council is scheduled to discuss renewing its water storage agreement with the Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District at a higher cost during a meeting Thursday night.
The cost has increased to $68.38 per acre-foot from $27, which will cost Hayden an additional $20,690 this year for its 500 acre-feet of storage at the Yamcolo and Stagecoach reservoirs. It's an increase the town budgeted for in 2011. Action would take place at a later meeting.
Town Council members also are set to discuss funding options such as grants, loans and bonds for three enterprise fund projects: wastewater treatment facility improvements required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment ($550,000), repair to the Hospital Hill sanitary sewer line ($100,000) and upgrading the water supply for Yampa Valley Regional Airport (cost unknown).
The Town Council will consider approving two memorandums of understanding, with Routt County for the Dry Creek Park Disc Golf Course, which straddles town and county property, and with the city of Steamboat Springs for use of baseball fields at the Hayden park for Triple Crown events.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. with staff and councilmember reports at Hayden Town Hall, 178 W. Jefferson Ave., followed by the regular session at 7:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Looking back, 17 years of CMC’s annual haunted house fundraiser
- Uber’s transportation service makes it to Steamboat Springs
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes
- Steamboat Emergency Center scheduled to open mid-November, hoping to offer residents another option for care
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market
- Real estate transactions: October 13 to 19, 2017
- Band aid found in au jus at Steamboat hospital cafeteria prompted concerns
- Hayden man injured in crash in critical condition