Flash flood warning for Hayden, Hahn’s Peak until 9 p.m. Saturday
July 8, 2012
Steamboat Springs — The National Weather Service says slow-moving thunderstorms with the potential for heavy rain could result in flash floods in areas of Northwest Colorado early this evening.
A flash flood warning has been issued for Hayden and Craig until 9 p.m. tonight. The flood warning also is in effect for other areas of eastern Moffat County and northern Routt County, including Hahn’s Peak.
The warning states: “Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause flash flooding to occur. Some locations that will experience flooding include Craig and Hayden. The thunderstorms with heavy rain showers will expand toward northern Routt County, including Hahn’s Peak.
“Mud and debris flows will be common within the warned area.”
Areas near small creeks and streams are particularly vulnerable to flash flooding. In the event of heavy rain, people in low-lying areas should seek higher ground immediately.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- How to tube like a pro in Steamboat Springs
- Jail Report for June 17 to June 23, 2017
- Survey shows strong support for a sin tax in Steamboat Springs
- Cooking With: Phenomenal Falafel offers creative taste to Steamboat in new location