First Friday Artwalk events today in Steamboat
November 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs — A charity gift sale, early holiday shopping, a silent auction, free food and live music are included in the wide variety of offerings for November's First Friday Artwalk.
Downtown galleries, restaurants and retailers open their doors to visual and other arts for the monthly event, which features events at 17 venues. All are free, and the receptions are 5 to 8 p.m. today, unless otherwise noted.
❱❱ Artists' Gallery of Steamboat features paintings, sculpture, fiber art, ceramics and more by 28 gallery members in its all-gallery show. The reception includes food and drinks. Call 879-4744. 1009 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ Center for Visual Arts showcases work by its member artists, highlighting photography by Robin Clow, landscapes by Jennifer Patten and wooden boxes and bowls by David Winters. The reception includes food and drinks. Call 846-5970. 906 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ Colorado Group Realty features stoneware and ceramic works by Julie Anderson. Call 870-8800. 509 Lincoln Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
❱❱ Comb Goddess features Susanmarie Oddo's "Kidspiration" series of paintings depicting local children as animal cartoons. The salon also hosts the Ten Thousand Villages Pre-Holiday Sale, with 90 percent of craft sales benefiting Ten Thousand Villages, a fair trade group that works with artisans in countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America. The remaining 10 percent of sales go to the Tasaru Girls Rescue Centre in Narok, Kenya. Comb Goddess's reception includes food and drinks. Call 871-0606. 1104 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ Creekside Café and Grill features boldly colored paintings by Susan Schiesser. Call 879-4925. 131 11th St.
❱❱ Gallery 11 features images from around Steamboat and the West by photographer/gallery owner Ken Lee. Call 870-8887. 908 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ Howelsen Place Gallery features metal pieces and sculpture by frequent Routt County visitor David Marshall, who is based in Spain. The reception includes coffee and cookies. Call 846-0659. 703 Lincoln Ave., Suite B104.
❱❱ Liberman Photography presents water fountains by Robert Yazbeck, with crystals, minerals, stone and bamboo included in the pieces. Call 846-7685 or 303-877-7707 for more information. 24 Fifth St.
❱❱ Off the Beaten Path Bookstore features photo collages by Dana Schlingman. This reception is from 4 to 7 p.m. Call 879-6830. 68 Ninth St.
❱❱ Jim Steinberg Photography and the Portfolio Collection feature landscape photography by Jim Steinberg, and the gallery owner's multiple-award-winning travel book, "Colorado Scenic Byways: Taking the Other Road." The reception includes food and drinks. Call 879-3718. 1016 Oak St.
❱❱ Shauna Lamansky Photographic Designer offers a peek into her portrait studio, with canvas prints and jewelry on display and for sale. The reception includes refreshments. Call 879-6213. 928 Lincoln Ave., Suite 108.
❱❱ Sleeping Giant Gallery features photography by Don Tudor and paintings by Cully Kistler. The gallery owners' work includes images from Steamboat, as well as a summer 2009 trip to Alaska. Call 879-7143. 601 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ Steamboat Art Museum will open its museum shop for First Friday, featuring discounted selections for holiday shopping. The event includes refreshments. Call 870-1755. 807 Lincoln Ave.
❱❱ The Steamboat Springs Arts Council at the Depot Art Center gives an early look at the 50 paintings, photos, ceramic works and other pieces included in its second annual Holiday Art Auction. Silent bidding will be open at First Friday and will run through a live auction event Nov. 21. The auction benefits programs and services of the Steamboat Springs Arts Council. Call 879-9008. 1001 13th St.
❱❱ The Spa/Salon features urban-influenced photography and handmade hemp jewelry by up-and-coming artist Amy Putz. The reception includes refreshments. Call 871-0202. 24 Fifth St.
❱❱ Urbane clothing store features landscapes and illustrations by former Routt County resident Liz Kuzmkowski. The reception includes music and refreshments and takes place from 5 to 9 p.m. Call 879-9169. 703 Lincoln Ave., Suite B101.
❱❱ Wild Horse Gallery features potential holiday gifts in its "Holiday Miniatures and Small Works" show. Gallery artist and Routt County resident Cate Potyen will demonstrate her jewelry-making technique during the reception. Call 879-5515. 802 Lincoln Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Former Steamboat business owners among group ordered to pay $7M for travel company scam
- Update: New wildfire grows to 2,100 acres, U.S. 40 in Moffat County remains closed
- Steamboat man suspected of stealing Christmas tree
- Million dollar home neighborhood in Steamboat bounces all the way back from recession
- Update: Moffat County wildfire 5,200 acres and growing, U.S. 40 remains closed