Fire Rescue raises $16,000 with Fill the Boot campaign
September 8, 2013
Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue raised $16,173 through its Fill the Boot fundraising campaign near the intersection of Third Street and Lincoln Avenue on Labor Day, according to a news release.
The money will be donated to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and more than 73 percent of the proceeds will support about 200 families on the Western Slope, including eight families living in Steamboat Springs, according to the release.
"With Steamboat being the hub for so many outdoor activities, it means a great deal to all of the members of Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue to send many local children with muscular dystrophy to MDA Summer Camp in Empire for a break from the hassles they, and their caretakers, must deal with daily," said Fire Rescue member and Fill the Boot coordinator Devin Borvansky.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines