Eagle voters reject Target, condos
January 6, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Vail Daily is reporting that residents of the Town of Eagle narrowly voted down the controversial Eagle River Station project, including a Target, Tuesday.
The final results were 1,175 voting against the project and 1,019 in favor of the plan. The newspaper posted the results to its Web site after they became available after 4 a.m. today.
Town Clerk Marilene Miller told the Vail Daily that about 61 percent of Eagle’s 3,585 registered voters cast ballots Tuesday.
Plans for Eagle River Station include 552,000 square feet of commercial space with a Target store, hotel and 581 condos on the east side of town.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres