Denver weather affects YVRA flights
December 30, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Adverse weather conditions in Denver were affecting travel in and out of Yampa Valley Regional Airport this afternoon.
The first United Express/SkyWest arrival of the day scheduled at 9:45 a.m. was canceled, and airline program managers at the Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. were advising that three more scheduled arrivals from Denver are likely to be delayed by snow, strong winds and de-icing operations in Denver.
The inbound Continental Airlines flight from Houston was more than an hour behind schedule, and the American Airlines flight from Dallas was expected to arrive about 20 minutes late at 1:55 p.m. However, the Delta flight from Minneapolis arrived 26 minutes early, and the Delta flight from Atlanta also was ahead of schedule.
Today marks a shift in Steamboat's tourism picture, with more people returning home from their holiday ski trips than arriving. Inbound flights were 64 percent full with 693 arriving passengers. Outbound flights were 89 percent full with 977 passengers on board.
Traffic at the airport could be above average early next week with people arriving for the MusicFest at Steamboat.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen