Demong finishes 5th at Continental Cup in Utah
December 12, 2010
Billy Demong was the top American finisher Saturday in Park City, Utah, during the second weekend of Continental Cup action.
Demong returned to the U.S. after two weeks on the World Cup tour. He was fifth Saturday in a photo finish.
Germany's Sebastian Reuschel was first, Norway's Joergen Graabak was second, and Germany's Wolfgang Boesl was third.
Demong was in 18th place after the jumping portion and moved up throughout. His time of 28 minutes, 4.2 seconds was just two seconds behind Reuschel.
Eric Camerota was ninth, and Nick Hendrickson was 20th.
Action continues today in Park City.
Those on the World Cup A circuit weren't as lucky, however. The Nordic combined World Cup in Ramsau, Austria, was canceled Saturday because of inclement weather. Another competition is scheduled for today.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- Steamboat Free Summer Concert Series Guide: The band rundown of 2017 headliners
- Closure area addresses illegal trails on Buffalo Mountain
- How to tube like a pro in Steamboat Springs