Dangerous fire conditions persist Monday throughout Routt County
June 25, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs and Routt County remain under a red flag warning today, with officials cautioning that any new fire would spread rapidly in the dry, hot and windy conditions.
Today's forecast high for the city of Steamboat is 94 degrees. There is a small chance for passing thunderstorms, particularly this afternoon. However, the National Weather Service characterizes the potential storms as "dry thunderstorms," meaning they're more likely to produce strong winds and fire-starting lightning strikes than significant rainfall. The red flag warning is in effect until midnight.
Southwest winds of 5 to 15 mph combine with a relative humidity of just 9 to 14 percent to combine for dangerous wildfire conditions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Steamboat parent company will soon reveal name, pass products
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Routt County resident shares story of journey to Judaism and fighting in the Isreali army
- Warm start to 2017-18 ski season in Steamboat Springs