Cowboy Downhill is Tuesday at Steamboat Ski Area
January 16, 2012
Steamboat Springs — The 38th annual Cowboy Downhill, sponsored by Bud Light, is Tuesday at the base of Steamboat Ski Area. The event starts at noon with public festivities and live music in Gondola Square. A free concert featuring Cowboy Mouth is from 2:30 to 4 p.m. The actual Cowboy Downhill starts at 4 p.m. and features some of the world's best professional rodeo cowboys competing in a dual slalom event on skis and snowboards. Arguably the highlight of the annual event is the Stampede, a race in which all the cowboys race together down a short course with jumps.
The Cowboy Downhill and the associated events are free to spectators. An awards ceremony is at 5:30 p.m. at Bear River Bar & Grill.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen