Butcherknife Brewing Co. breaks ground on new building in Steamboat
December 6, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs business Butcherknife Brewing Co. broke ground Wednesday — on the 79th anniversary of the repeal of prohibition, owner Mark Fitzgerald noted — on its new building on Elk River Road.
According to a news release, the new building will provide space for the production of thousands of barrels of beer annually and will host a tasting room.
Butcherknife is owned by Fitzgerald and Nate Johansing. They debuted their beer at OktoberWest in Steamboat in 2011.
“We are incredibly excited to mark the beginning of construction of our new facility. Colorado is the best place in the world to produce beer, but until now, there has been something missing from the state's offerings. Steamboat represents the best of what Colorado has to offer in nearly every regard. We look forward to building a business and delivering products that make our city proud,” Fitzgerald said in the release.
Butcherknife plans to brew several varieties year-round for distribution by draft and in cans.
Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Grill is Steamboat’s only fully operating brewery.
To reach Michael Schrantz, call 970-871-4206 or email mschrantz@SteamboatToday.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location