Bruce’s Trail fully open to skiers on Rabbit Ears Pass near Steamboat
October 27, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Springs Nordic Council reported Wednesday morning that all 5 kilometers of cross-country skiing on Bruce's Trail have opened thanks to 24 inches of accumulated snow above 9,300 feet on Rabbit Ears Pass.
Two feet of snow is sufficient to cover all hazards, but the groomed tracks remain on the soft side.
There are no fees for skiing on Bruce's Trail, which is in the Routt National Forest. However, the Nordic Council accepts donations to cover the cost of grooming. Go to http://www.SteamboatXCski.org for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday
- Utah ski resorts giddy over 2 seasons of record visitation and Olympic bid, but worried by DUI law
- Jail Report for Nov. 12 to Nov. 18, 2017