Alternative transportation and parking options for Pro Cycling Challenge
August 26, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Local organizers for the race are urging folks to consider walking, biking or taking the bus today.
Cyclists can take advantage of a bike corral that will be set up in Meadows Parking Lot for this morning's stage start. Steamboat Springs Transit plans to offer its typical free service and schedule today but with extra buses on its normal routes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you must drive, there will be parking in Meadows Parking Lot at Pine Grove and Mount Werner roads.
The five expanded routes include:
• A West Steamboat Line serving the area from the Steamboat Campground east to the Stock Bridge Transit Center and ending at a special stop established where the Yampa River Core Trail meets 13th Street.
• A Lincoln Avenue Black Line that serves the area from the Stock Bridge Transit Center east to stops along Oak Street and then along U.S. Highway 40 to the Safeway and Central Park Plaza before ending at the Gondola Transit Center.
• The Yellow Line will run its typical route with the exception of not serving the Howelsen Hill area. The Yellow Line will go out of service at its regularly scheduled time of 5:50 p.m.
• The Steamboat Boulevard Line will follow Steamboat Boulevard from the Gondola Transit Center to a special stop between Third and Fourth streets downtown. The line will avoid U.S. 40.
• The Condo Line will serve the mountain area and transfer passengers at the Gondola Transit Center.
Steamboat Springs Transit plans to offer normal service on Saturday, but with extra buses on its normal routes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Stage 5 starts from the Meadows Parking Lot at Mount Werner and Pine Grove roads, and that's also where public parking will be available for spectators.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Steamboat Free Summer Concert Series Guide: The band rundown of 2017 headliners
- Woman drinks cleaning solution: The Record for Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- Closure area addresses illegal trails on Buffalo Mountain