About 4,700 visitors expected to be in Steamboat this weekend
June 4, 2014
About 4,727 visitors are expected to be in town Saturday, according to the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association's lodging barometer released Wednesday.
The figure represents 29 percent capacity at area lodging properties, with downtown occupancy at 61 percent. On the mountain, hotels are forecast at 44 percent capacity, and condos are expected to be 17 percent full.
Lodging is expected to dip to 3,643 visitors by Wednesday.
The Chamber's lodging barometer is based on survey data from local lodging properties. Its primary function is to help businesses determine staffing levels during the winter and summer tourism seasons. Actual lodging occupancy levels tend to increase from the forecast levels as a result of last-minute bookings.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat
- Man suspected of committing wildlife crimes in Routt County
- Credit card skimmers found at Steamboat gas station
- Lawsuit claims former Steamboat Springs City Councilman owes former ranch owners $2.3M for unpaid loan
- Jail Report for Oct. 8 to Oct. 14, 2017