About 4,700 visitors expected to be in Steamboat this weekend
June 4, 2014
About 4,727 visitors are expected to be in town Saturday, according to the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association's lodging barometer released Wednesday.
The figure represents 29 percent capacity at area lodging properties, with downtown occupancy at 61 percent. On the mountain, hotels are forecast at 44 percent capacity, and condos are expected to be 17 percent full.
Lodging is expected to dip to 3,643 visitors by Wednesday.
The Chamber's lodging barometer is based on survey data from local lodging properties. Its primary function is to help businesses determine staffing levels during the winter and summer tourism seasons. Actual lodging occupancy levels tend to increase from the forecast levels as a result of last-minute bookings.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Sweetwater Grill is sold; new concept to open in May
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location