7 inches of new snow brings smiles to skiers’ faces
February 9, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Seven inches of fresh snow greeted skiers and riders at the Steamboat Ski Area today. While it might not be the knee-deep powder day residents long for, it's the first snowfall of 5 inches or more in a couple of weeks.
The ski area's 12:51 p.m. snow report tallied 7 inches of snow at both mid-mountain and the summit of Mount Werner. A light snow fell into Thursday afternoon. The National Weather Service forecasts a 30 percent chance of snow today before giving way to partly sunny skies and a high of 36 degrees.
Snow returns to the forecast Friday night and into the Winter Carnival weekend.
The ski area has now reported total season snowfall of 117 inches. The mid-mountain base is 39 inches, with a 44-inch base at the summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- Jail Report for Nov. 12 to Nov. 18, 2017
- Rams can’t corral Mustangs’ rally, fall 38-28 in state semifinal game
- Mixed bag of weather during run-up to Steamboat Resort opening Nov. 22