7 inches of new snow brings smiles to skiers’ faces
February 9, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Seven inches of fresh snow greeted skiers and riders at the Steamboat Ski Area today. While it might not be the knee-deep powder day residents long for, it's the first snowfall of 5 inches or more in a couple of weeks.
The ski area's 12:51 p.m. snow report tallied 7 inches of snow at both mid-mountain and the summit of Mount Werner. A light snow fell into Thursday afternoon. The National Weather Service forecasts a 30 percent chance of snow today before giving way to partly sunny skies and a high of 36 degrees.
Snow returns to the forecast Friday night and into the Winter Carnival weekend.
The ski area has now reported total season snowfall of 117 inches. The mid-mountain base is 39 inches, with a 44-inch base at the summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Jail Report for June 17 to June 23, 2017
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Real estate transactions for June 16 to 22, 2017
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition