10K for United Way a success in Steamboat
Effort 1 of many benefiting local agencies as demand rises
November 12, 2009
How to help
■ Routt County United Way’s annual fundraising campaign ends Sunday. To donate, go to http://www.unitedwayroutt.org and choose the “Click here” link next to “Give now!” toward the bottom of the page. Donations also can be mailed to Routt County United Way at P.O. Box 774005, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477, or dropped by its office at 1125 Lincoln Ave., suites 2F and 2G. For more information, call United Way at 879-5605.
■ The LIFT-UP Food Bank at 2125 Curve Court in Steamboat Springs always is accepting donations of nonperishable food and personal items and can never have enough staples such as tuna, peanut butter, rice and pasta, said Pam Graham, food bank and case manager.
LIFT-UP doesn’t have many upcoming food drives on its radar, she said, though many organizations hold drives and bring the food in without advance notice. Local bluegrass band Cornbread will play a food drive concert at 7 p.m. Nov. 21 at The Mugshot in Oak Creek; admission is a food donation for LIFT-UP.
LIFT-UP also operates food banks in Oak Creek and Hayden. For more information, call 870-8804 or go to the LIFT-UP page at http://yampavalley.info.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines
- Moving company doesn’t show up on time: The Record for Monday, May 22, 2017