10,000 visitors expected to be in Steamboat this weekend
January 23, 2014
About 10,171 visitors are expected to be in town Saturday, according to the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association's lodging barometer.
The figure represents 62 percent capacity at area lodging properties, with downtown occupancy at 100 percent. On the mountain, hotels are forecast at 78 percent capacity, and condos are expected to be 51 percent full. That's a jump from the same weekend in 2013, when 8,900 people were in town and area lodging properties were at 52 percent.
Lodging is expected to dip to 9,638 visitors Wednesday.
The Chamber's lodging barometer is based on survey data from local lodging properties. Its primary function is to help businesses determine staffing levels during the winter and summer tourism seasons. Actual lodging occupancy levels tend to increase from the forecast levels as a result of last-minute bookings.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat
- Lawsuit claims former Steamboat Springs City Councilman owes former ranch owners $2.3M for unpaid loan
- Credit card skimmers found at Steamboat gas station
- Man suspected of committing wildlife crimes in Routt County
- Teen remains in critical condition after falling from fourth-floor balcony at Aspen’s Hotel Colorado