Back to School Drop-In Immunization Clinic for all school-age children

The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association offers a Back to School Drop-In Immunization Clinic for all school-age children at Steamboat Springs Middle School. Parents must bring their child’s immunization record and be present. All recommended immunizations will be offered. VNA charges a sliding scale of free to $14 a shot. CHP+ and Medicaid accepted. Call 970-879-1632.

Comments

sashas 2 years, 8 months ago

While you have the right to advertise your disgusting vaccines, I have the right to free speech. I just have to say that I am so sick of reading the Pilot and seeing vaccine advertisements. I'm so disturbed that nobody looks into the history and the now regarding vaccines. If you would, I don't think any of you would vaccinate. I'm also about ready to take down the shingles vaccination sign at Safeway. I am sickened everytime I drive by that store. Vaccines are NOT good; they are BAD!

exduffer 2 years, 8 months ago

I do believe someone did not get a lollipop at the doctor's office.

sashas 2 years, 8 months ago

Ha,ha. I just want to invest in an ad for the paper displaying the vaccine horrors since nobody else prints the opposing side. Instead, everyone just listens to what their told rather than doing any critical thinking or research regarding this and many other matters.

thalgard 2 years, 8 months ago

Sashas...measles is fun, so is small pox, chicken pox, rubella, polio(polio is really really fun), whooping cough(brain damage is really fun too)...you are an idiot.

steamboatsconscience 2 years, 8 months ago

sas how about expounding on your views, provide some links, maybe then you will be taken seriously..... my mother has shingles and she never got vaccinated. maybe if she had she wouldnt have had to go through the excruciating pain it causes.........

Phoebe Hackman 2 years, 8 months ago

sashas - "everyone just listens to what their (sic) told rather than doing any critical thinking or research" Funny, that's exactly what I was going to say to YOU. I'll bet you don't even know why you're spouting such nonsense. We're not idiots. We've all heard the same stories you have. You can find horror stories about anything ... flying, driving, anesthesia, choking on hot dogs, ad infinitum ad nauseum! The difference is, most of us are smart enough to realize that, in the case of vaccinations, the benefits far outweigh the risks. You need to talk to the older generation and ask what things were like before vaccines were available. God help your children. And by the way, I find your continuous generalizations of "EVERYone" and "NObody" and your holier-than-thou attutude sickening. A pox on you.

conscience - My mom has shingles, too. Does her doctor have her on Acyclovir? My mom takes it at the first sign of outbreak and it really works. She also thinks she heard there is a new med out that's very effective and only needs to be taken once a year. We'll be checking into it and I'll let you know.

sashas 2 years, 8 months ago

I should have kept my mouth shut, but now I must defend myself. I’ll start with a few things.

1. Do you know there is a 15 person board for the CDC called the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP), many of whom have financial ties to the pharmaceutical industry? Look and you will find. I know it sounds cliché, but truly, follow the money. One of those people is Dr. Paul Offit, who created the Rotovirus vaccine, sat on the board and now collects money off it. That's a conflict of interest. He also states 10,000 vaccines for an infant is okay. I’d like him to sit down and receive 10,000 vaccines and see what happens. Not to mention all the money pharmaceuticals give to colleges and medical groups. Any doctor receiving payoffs from pharmaceuticals is considered a conflict of interest to me. Therefore, I wouldn’t trust anything or anyone when it comes to payoffs. When I was in college, I worked at this restaurant who hosted pharmaceutical parties. All the doctors would come in for a free dinner from the pharmaceuticals, while listening what the pharms. could do for them if they pushed the latest drug. It was absolutely disgusting listening to them. They could each benefit from each other in the name of money.

2. What about the many SIDS and autism cases that occurred directly after a vaccine? Don't you believe the parents of these unfortunate children that this truly occurred directly after the vaccine? Just because the medical industry says there’s no link, doesn’t make that true. It’s quite obvious there is a link if you just gave your child a vaccine and they suddenly regress.

3. What about the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System)? This site is just what it states, but how many incidents are actually reported? Even if all the data is reported, would I want to risk possible severe complications to possibly eliminate an episode of measles? Or shingles? Or whopping cough? Between mid-1999 and January 4, 2004, a total of 128,035 adverse reactions were reported to VAERS. Because it is estimated that only one percent of all adverse drug reactions are voluntarily reported, this figure may actually represent 1.28 million adverse reactions. During that same period, 2,093 deaths that occurred soon after vaccinations were reported to VAERS. Who knows what that number might actually represent? Check out VAERS.hhs.gov.

sashas 2 years, 8 months ago

1. Between 1990 and August 2007, 4,421 cases of people who were injured by a vaccine were heard by the appointed judges, referred to as Special Masters, presiding over a civil district court commonly referred to as the Vaccine Court. Even though more than $1 billion has been paid to vaccine-injured victims, only 20 percent of persons who apply receive compensation and, as of this publication, all cases involving autism have been dismissed without compensation for injuries sustained from vaccinations. If there is a vaccine court, there obviously can be some horrific complications related to vaccines.

References:
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Pre-1988 monthly Statistics Report. August 2007. ftp://ftp.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/Statistics_report.htm National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Post-1988 Statistics Report. August 31, 2007. ftp://ftp.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/Post1988_Statistics Report.pdf

1. Shingles. My husband, brother, and father all had shingles. Their immune systems are better for it—a natural immunity. My husband says he would rather have had shingles than risked a vaccination any day.

We’re obviously at opposing ends of the spectrum here. You think I’m nuts for not believing in vaccinations, and I think you’re nuts for believing in vaccinations. I guess that’s that then.

sashas 2 years, 8 months ago

I apologize for the "their" rather than the "they're," Phoebe. I guess I should've double checked my post. I hope I am error free on my last two posts. Thanks for pointing it out, though!